This page includes a list of useful resources for helping you plan your degree, find research opportunities, and find funding. Please send us an e-mail or come visit us in person for advice about how to make the most of your education!
- Careers in Anthropology!
- NMSU STAR degree audit
- NMSU CAASS Advising center
- Language placement exams
- Verification of high school language request form
- Math sequence chart
- Math placement exam
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Advanced Study Opportunities
- Undergraduate Anthropology Organization (UAO): undergraduate students are welcome to join the UAO, a student-run club focused on providing anthropological experiences, knowledge, and resources to its members. Contact the officers at email@example.com for more information!
- Study Abroad program: studying abroad for four weeks or longer waives one Viewing the Wider World credit requirement. The study abroad program also offers various language immersion programs, which can be used to help satisfy the second language requirement.
- Crimson Scholars program
- University Museum: NMSU’s museum in Kent Hall offers volunteer and work study opportunities to students interested in artifact processing and museum work.
- Accelerated Masters Program (MAPS)
- NMSU Honors College Scholarship
- Cheryl L. Wase Memorial Scholarship for the Study of Archaeology: this scholarship is available only to undergraduate women studying archaeology at one of three major universities in New Mexico. Most of these awards have gone to NMSU undergraduate women. If you qualify, apply!
- Funding Opportunities in Anthropology: This is an evolving list of grad/undergrad grant and scholarship sources familiar to past and present students and faculty. If you find or are aware of another funding source that should be added to this list, please e-mail the information to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- NMSU Financial Aid
- NMSU Work Study (student jobs)
- NMSU Career Services
- American Anthropological Association (AAA)
- Society for American Archaeology
- Society for Historical Archaeology
- American Association of Physical Anthropologists
- Paleoanthropology Society
- Society for Applied Anthropology
- Consortium of Practicing & Applied Anthropology
- Latin American Studies Association