The anthropology M.A. program offers a broad training experience both for students who intend to take a terminal M.A. degree and students who intend to enter a Ph.D. program after finishing the degree at NMSU. In addition to the M.A. in anthropology, our program also offers several graduate minors and certificates. Click on each link to see a description of the program requirements.
- Anthropology Master of Arts
- Anthropology graduate minor
- Archaeology graduate minor
- Food studies graduate minor
- Native American Studies graduate minor
- Graduate Certificate in Cultural Resource Management
- Graduate Certificate in Museum Studies
An undergraduate anthropology degree is not required for entry into the program. Students who lack the equivalent of core undergraduate anthropology courses may be required to take them during the first year of the M.A. program.
The M.A. Program in Anthropology at NMSU is enrolled as an eligible graduate program under the Western Regional Graduate Program (WRGP), which allows students from qualifying western states to pay in-state resident tuition. More information is available here.
Additional information about our program can be found on our Graduate Resources page.